Saturday, February 27, 2010

Featured Seller: Evilneedles


I've known about Evilneedles for a while now. I think I actually learned about her through other sellers' links (which is really how I found a lot of the DIYers I'm love with today).

When I first discovered Patricia, she was known for bad tee reconstructions. She did a lot of off-the-shoulder tops, hoodies, and baseball tees. She stopped doing this to create more of her own designs, not just shirt recons, but still makes some clothing for artists like the Reverend Horton Heat, The Dresden Dolls, and Amanda Palmer. Although she no longer reconstructs band tees (and doesn't take requests for them), she has started selling patterns for her more popular ones.

So, I've seen her style evolve, and boy, do I LOVE where it's been going. She's still creating feminine, yet alternative pieces, but they're not so alternative that you'll get strange looks everywhere you go. They are all everyday wearable, and some of her designs are evening-appropriate as well.

Her designs range from rockabilly and country, to clubbing, or just everyday casual. She also makes tote bags and coin/make-up purses, so she gets as much use out of her scraps as possible. Talk about one talented woman!

Her pieces are available in some local Florida boutiques (where she's based), but she also keeps prices for many of her designs competitive with actual stores. If you're on her mailing list, or you're a repeat customer, sometimes you get special surprises in her newsletter, like random discounts for her shop! She likes to reward people who actually reads through her news, which makes me an even bigger fan than I already am.

Her work is very high-quality, versatile, and I've been pleased with every purchase I've made from her. Although she may not seem as chatty as some other sellers, I think it's due to the high demand of her work, which keeps her busy busy!

Things I'm in love with:
Teal Flounce Dress -- I'm not going to lie, I've had my eye on this baby ever since she first made a midnight blue version. I love that it takes the recent trend of ruffle tiers, but doesn't over do it (i.e. doesn't make you look fat).
Abbie Ruffle Trim Twill Vest -- I was lucky enough to get the last one! And at half price! I love love love this one too, and it really shows her range as an independent designer. Everything about this was high-quality.
Black/Gray Striped Butterfly Back Top -- I've only had one word for this ever since she started selling it: A-MA-ZING. Period.
Camo Cargo Skirt -- I'm not a huge fan of camo, but the design of this skirt makes it so unbelievably feminine that I can't help but like it.

(There'd probably be more on the highlight list, but she's sold most of the stuff in her shop. She said in her newsletter that she's working on her spring/summer collection though! She included some sketches and I can honestly say that I'm happily looking forward to it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment